My very first blog!

A few years ago I sat in my beautiful home filled with amazing things, a great husband, a healthy beautiful daughter. Outside two great cars were parked, my bank account was great, I even had an IRA.
Nevertheless, I wasn't happy, a feeling washed over me. My entire life I had been trying to reach that very moment, I had already gotten, done or purchased everything I thought I wanted.
Then I began living!


Living well, that is! I would love to tell you it has been a non-stop thrill ride. It hasn't, however it has been the ride of my life. Along the past five years I have traveled to Africa, gotten a degree in nursing, started holistically treating my family with herbs and begun homeschooling my daughter.

My enormous dreams rarely materialize exactly like I plan then, they are better.

The main point to this blog is to share and output all the things my husband no longer needs to hear, or the great things I would love to share.  The main things I stand for in life are these


Balance, opposed to extreme anything, extremes always turn out bad for me
Forgiveness, my home is a sanctuary from the insanity in this world, we accept and forgive
Happiness, always chose joy, most circumstances offer the choice of joy or sorrow, I chose joy
Consistency, even if it is chaos, knowing who I am and am not and sticking with it works best
Faith, if I remain off center or left to my own strength I fail, like the t- shirt, Jesus is my homeboy
Food, yummy as natural as possible home cooked goodness, often or always
Love, expend and receive as much as possible
Experience, I will only get one go round of mine and my children's life I want it to be full

I hope to share the really hard lessons I have learned over the past five years and save someone the misery, tears, weight, sadness, depression and heartache experienced in the process. I am an avid learner and love sharing along the way.
Enjoy! Allison
 (also I am horrible at spelling it will improve as I teach my daughter over the years, wanted to warn those it will frustrate)

Comments